Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Happy Anniversary Kids...

When two of our children got married in the same year, I thought I was going to go crazy....
There was so much to do, but mostly for me there was so much to keep organized. Our oldest got married to a wonderful girl in September, then our daughter  got married to a wonderful boy in October. 

Whew 

Whirlwind

We planned and purchased and organized and coordinated. It was a fun time for everyoe, even though it was hectic. Now that they are all married and it has been almost a year for both, I thought I would let them know how I really feel.

**I love their spouses as if they were my own children. I respect their wishes and their thoughts. They all have their own homes they have established and I love that too. I think after a year they have learned so much about being married, yet they have so far to go. I try to be the kind of mother in law that is deserving of their love, and I try to be the best me I can be. I am a shoulder to cry on, a heart to celebrate with. I want to be a great witness to them of Gods love, and in my own marraige I want them to see how married couples should treat one another. I want them to understand that marraige is a lifelong commitment- it was in the vows and in their hearts the day they were married. I would like them to be honest with me, and open about their choices.  I want them to have success in life, and to understand that perfection is highly over rated. I want them to all know that they can depend on dad and I for anything. Most of all I want them to know we love them unconditionally.

There are a lot of things in life I would have liked to taught my children before marraige, then I realized that  most of those things I learned while married. My husband and I have been through a lot of crazyness where family goes. We have seen the best and the worst of people in their relationships with us and others. We have learned a few really valuable lessons:

*there is no room for jealousy in marriage from any source
*commitment to your spouse is your priority
*communication is key, and not one sided
*love comes in many forms but you shouldn't have to ask for it


When my next two get married I will feel the same way. I want to honor the sanctity of their marraiges with a whole heart, and an understanding that even though they are always going to be my children they belong to someone else after marraige, and I couldn't be happier or prouder of the men and women they have all become. 

Praying for my children and their spouses, current and future....

No comments:

Post a Comment