Friday, May 22, 2009

VGNO

 For VGNO I am REALLY taking a girls night out- just not in the way I had hoped.....
My daughter has her 8th grade farewell dance tonight- so the group of girls are getting ready for the dance, and two of us moms are taking them to CHIPOTLE for dinner first......Im not sure which is more exciting- going out without all my boys or eating at my fav place! 
So the girls will be all dressed up- semi-formal attire - and we will be at Chipotle- what could be more perfect? 
Hopefully when I get home my husband will  have a glass of wine or a frozen rum runner for me- we buy those pails and freeze them- so they are de-lightful! and soooo easy-maybe I will pop one in the freezer before I leave.......

I also am making a chicken broccoli braid this weekend- It is sooooo simple- and its yet another stolen recipe- ( you didnt really think I was that good?!)

Chicken broccoli braid

2 c chopped cooked chicken
1 c broccoli chopped
1/2 c red bell pepper chopped
1 garlic clove= pressed
4 oz cheddar ccheese shredded
1/2 c mayo
2 tsp dill mix ( or you fav seasoning)
- mix all this together and set aside-
 you can substitute veggies for each other- like I use spinach in mine sometimes

take 2 packages cresent rolls- lay them out flat on a baking stone or cookie sheet
press the seams together so you have one big sheet of dough
place the filling mixture down the center of the dough

using a sharp paring knife- cut along the long sides of the dough to make strips, 
1 1/2 wide, 3 " deep

alternate the strips, pulling them over one another on top of the dough to get the braid look

brush with a lightly beaten egg white, and top with almond slivers if you wish

Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes- You can tell when its doen by checjing the filling for heat- the crescent rolls should be cooked all the way through too...

You can eat this hot or cooled- we love it and it goes really well with some hummus and pita chips or veggies

I hope everyone has a great VGNO!!!!  This is always my last stopping place before the weekend, and I really enjoy it!

I finally got my chicks- and boy are they cute! We havent lost any yet- and I think they are all going to be fine!  There are a couple pics posted on my blog, 

There are also pics on Ali's here


Im looking for a recipe for hummus- I like the roasted red pepper kind, but Id like something new and Id like to know if I can preserve it!

Here is one of my favs for you all for this evening- I hope you enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. That's so weird you said those two drinks because that's what I had last night, wine and then rum runners! Weird!

    Happy VGNO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Ann's VGNO
    http://chattykathyw-s.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and all the girls have a wonderful night out. We all need that every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real night out?! Cool--I'd take that over a virtual one anyday, but alas...here I am!! Happy VGNO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by late for VGNO. Hope you are having a great Memorial Day Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting caught up on the links I missed Friday night because I petered out at midnight when I was only half done! (grin!!)

    LOVE the pictures of your baby chicks - we're rebuilding our chicken house so we can get new ones this year, too!

    Hope you had fun at the VGNO and are enjoying your Memorial Day weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete