Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Today is a Good Day

Galatians 6:9

"So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up."



In light of some ruckus going on in the lives of many that I love, I am choosing for all of us that today is a Good Day, before it even begins for some. 

Here are my thoughts: 

Good things tend to multiply when they are rewound and played again. Therefore, I am listening to GOOD music, uplifting with a beat to move to or a tune that slows you down, allowing you to focus on the GOOD. 

Keeping the television turned off, unless it is tuned to a music channel providing the GOOD music... No news really is good news, and some days we need good news. 
 (insert exception for Baseball games; they are all good)

GOOD food- let me take a moment to digress- I do not care what kind of food someone eats  on any given day. However- if you are struggling with weight, sugar, self esteem and you are "eating healthy" I am not saying to eat junk. I am saying- eat what is good to you.  Take a moment for something delish. GOOD is GOOD regardless.

GOOD people. I want to be around good engaging people! Conversation or coffee and silence. Its all good, if its GOOD. I would encourage you to have an intentional good conversation with someone today. Talk about something GOOD. I am choosing to have no negative conversations today. Turn it around- you know you can. Tell someone in the midst of crisis you love them. Give them a hug. GIve them a coffee. Give them a smile- they are free.

GOOD work...find a little slice of joy in your work. Just a little. My slice comes in all sizes and shapes. It comes in people, packages, little things I can do to make someones day GOOD. 

Send a message to the ones hurting, or waiting in the hospital for a loved one to come out of surgery.  Send a smiley emoticon to a friend struggling at work, or a husband frustrated with something in his job. Send a card to a person who needs a friend. Post a scripture about joy, peace or love. Use social media to set a precedent of GOOD. My personal favorite- have a pizza delivered to the single mom who is stuck at home with the kids- again. (someone did this for me once- I never forgot it)


There are all kinds of ways for you and I to choose to have a GOOD day. 

Lets get out there and DO IT....



No comments:

Post a Comment