Wednesday, December 8, 2010

IS THIS YEAR OVER YET?!

For a lot of people, the end of the year means looking forward to a fresh start. I know for me, my fresh start began months ago, which is why none of you hear from me anymore.

I really enjoy blogging, writing in general has been a good way for me to express myself, especially when some of the people in my life don't "get" me.

I know for me, when times are tough either financially or otherwise, sometimes I need a place to hide, all alone, with only my thoughts and sometimes my tears. I understand the meaning of multi-tasking all to well, and I understand the frustration of being a mom, wife and Christian woman all in the same.
When you are a Christian, everyone expects one of two things from you- you either must show perfection, or they are waiting for you to screw something up, so it can be pointed out publicly. Story of my life. I strive to keep my big mouth shut when possible, and to keep my all to familiar off-the-top-of-my-head comments to myself. Every thought when dealing with others needs to be prayerfully considered. ( and I mean of the before shooting off the mouth type of prayer) Easier said than done, I am well aware.
I want to share with you that if any of this sounds familiar, you are not alone- not at all! It is not easy being a Christian in this world, but I think being a woman only compounds the problem. Lets share a brief history- I am a full time mom of 4, wife of 18 years, full time student and have a full time job. ( I know 168 hrs in a week) I do sleep, and I do manage to balance it all- but only by the grace of God and only by allowing Christ to carry me when I cannot carry myself.
I am sure my little blog won't get any awards, but if it touches one heart, I will be super- happy with it. It is my chance to share a little, and I want to be real, not hyped up with ads and offers.
I hope you will comment and share each time I post- it important to know someone hears you, and I am not alone in that department- plus I love hearing from people all over the world that can sympathize with my longing for a simpler, more peaceful moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment